South Korean producer Peggy Gou had her first experience of composing music at the age of eight years old. In her home city of Seoul, she was learning how to play piano – which, many years later, has now led her to pursue producing and DJing as a serious career.
Here are some interesting facts about Peggy.
- She was born in Kim Min-ji in Incheon, South Korea on July 3, 1991.
- She began classical piano lessons at age 8.
- Her parents sent her to London in England, in order to study English.
- She moved back to Korea at the age of 18.
- After graduating, she worked as the London correspondent editor for Harper’s Bazaar Korea.
- Then she decided to move to Berlin, Germany.
- Peggy Gou was taught how to DJ in 2009, by her friend from Korea.
- She had her first gig in Cirque Le Soir, Soho.
- In 2013, she learned to use Ableton and began to create her own tracks.
- Her first track, Hungboo, was completed in 2014. It was named this way for the hero of a Korean fairy tale.