Backyard Sessions is a two day festival, nestled in the “People’s Park” in the heart of Malmö. The festival serves to not only unify Malmö’s unique micro music cultures, but to also stand as an ambassador for Sweden’s most racially diverse and thriving city.
The two-day electronic festival Backyard Sessions welcomes not only techno savvies and house music nerds chasing the latest vibes and rhythms. Also families and different cultures the target group as some of the top electronic DJ’s of the world enter the stage in the heart of Malmö. The festival combines the top-quality electronic headliners with all the diverse culture Sweden’s third largest city has to offer: Traditional Swedish street food side by side with Lebanese brunch; A cocktail lounge next to a mocktail bar and a hooka pipe Bedouin tent; Bouncy castles and ice-cream for the kids across the park from two Funktion One powered music stages.
– “We want to embrace the diversity of Malmö, Sweden’s most multicultural city that has 170 of 193 of UN’s officially recognized nationalities represented here. Except for top quality electronic music we are making sure the festival has something for everyone no matter your age, nationality or lifestyle”, says Alex Esser, one of the co-founders of Backyard Sessions XL.
– “Malmö is a glimpse into what Europe is becoming in the best way: a melting pot of hundreds of nationalities, all coexisting and creating a culture that is entirely unique. That is something that we absolutely love about our city and try to represent at Backyard Sessions. We create an atmosphere where all are welcome and all feel like they’re at a party in their own backyard with 1000 of their closest neighbors.”
Backyard Sessions XL is a two day park festival open air that will be held in Malmö (Sweden) on 26-27 August. Evolved from the original Malmö Sunday party series, Backyard Sessions XL aims to create a cozy electronic fiesta by combining high quality music, fine food, art and games, kids and sunshine. While your kids enjoy new friends and cool happenings, such as a bouncy castle, ice cream and entertainment with professional babysitters, you dance away to some of the greatest DJ names on the export in the world. On the line-up you will find ANNA, CLAPTONE, FINNEBASSEN, GIORGIA ANGIUILI (LIVE), RECONDITE (LIVE), SIMINA GRIGORIU and SONJA MOONEAR to name a few. As for food, neither you nor your kids will be disappointed. Malmö is an epic destination for culinary experiences and some of the city’s finest chefs will offer their best street food composed only for the Backyard Sessions.
● street food by Malmö’s finest chefs
● a Lebanese brunch on Sunday morning
● a boule court
● a ping pong tournament
● live art installations.
● Kids area with bouncy castles, entertainment and ice-cream
● A beduin hooka pipe area
● Two stages powered by Funktion One soundsystems
● and much more to come
Get your ticket for Backyard Sessions XL (HERE, www.deephouse.se)
Price: Adults (over 18 years old) €60 (600 SEK)
Kids (in the company of an adult) free admission
Said about Backyard Sessions:
“A cozy and laid back Sunday happening, always a pleasure to bring my family and kids. We all love it!” – Sebastian Mullaert, (Artist, Sweden)
“Lots of love to the Malmö crowd for the great Sunday vibes!” – Kasper Bjørke & Sexy Lazer (DJ’s Denmark/Iceland)
“Malmö has brought the underground to the forefront with Backyard Sessions. Cheers to a well-produced party with the right vibe and amazing people. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang!” – Simina Grigoriu (DJ, Germany)
Find more info here.