A Greek national died in an ambulance in the northern city of Novi Sad while attending the EXIT music festival there, and it is suspected that he overdosed on illegal drugs, the festival’s organisers said on Saturday.
The organisers said that security personnel at the festival noticed that one of the visitors became nauseous and he then received first aid. It is suspected that the cause was him consuming a large amount of illicit drugs, but there is still no official autopsy report.
Other Greek nationals who were there on spot told police in Novi Sad that the man had taken a large amount of drugs throughout the day and suffered from a chronic illness.
“The EXIT Festival has since its establishment been advocating against the use of any narcotics and will continue to strongly act on prevention and raising awareness about the damaging effects of drugs” the Festival said in a press release.