19-Year-Old Got Fingers Amputated After He Was Bitten By Spider at Ibiza Beach Party





The 19-year-old unnamed man will have surgery in Wales after two weeks of hospital tests in Spain.

A British tourist will have two of his fingers amputated after he was bitten by a spider at a beach party in Ibiza.

The 19-year-old unnamed man will have surgery in Wales after two weeks of hospital tests in Spain.

Doctors said he was bitten by the poisonous brown recluse spider (loxosceles rufescens), which normally causes only light injuries to humans.

The 19-year-old was holidaying on the Spanish island when he was bitten attending a beach party when he sat to watch the sun go down.

“This case is one in a million. Normally this type of spider does not cause such a serious injury. It could be that the patient has a hypersensitivity to the spider’s venom,” a hospital spokesman told.

Watch out for spiders in Ibiza.


Comments

Send this to a friend